Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some pretty rare Boogie cabs on ebay.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43374&item=3729824809&rd=1

These are some really interesting cabs that I figured somebody on TB might like. I've already got a pair of these, and I love them. Pretty small and relatively lightweight, and they sound great. Plenty of low end (but not a ridiculous amount), and they definitely don't need a horn (but you know that horns suck anyway, right?). They are great as monitors on a small stage, but can be stacked on their ends to give you an instant 4x10 that you can run at 4 ohms! Pretty cool, methinks, and pretty rare. I've only seen one other in person besides mine.

I think his starting price is a little high, but I know most of you guys are loaded anyway. Just thought I would share.

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    ...nice...a little high $$$, but, if they have the EV's in 'em they probably sound sweet(considering the age & possible abuse)...

~S~

3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Arent they foldbacks? How are you meant to keep them flat when your using them as regular cabs?

4. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, had my eye on them. Too bad between the D-180 amp and 1516 cab I've got my eye on I'd have to start selling body parts to afford those.

:crying:

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    They are wedges. You can set them on their sides if you want to use them as a regular cabs.

6. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    well, it says that the black crowes owned them, i guess its high because of the memorabilia factor, oh well...

7. TheAmpNerd

TheAmpNerd

Apr 25, 2004
    Dallas, Texas

D-180? The MESA D-180? Kewl.

I have a pair of the Mesa M-190s and love them. : )

One is my main bass amp... the other is a spare.