Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOME PUNK STOLE MY GEAR!! (and car)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Feb 23, 2003.

1. hi everyone, my '88 P.O.S. toyota camry was stolen this morning between 3:00 am and 9:00 am from Pacific BEach in San DIego. inside it was my head and my cab. i know this is a longshot, but if anyone, any shop, any dealer in San Diego is asked to buy this gear, please contact me right away. this has crippled my playing career and my insurance did not cover it. here's the specs

HEAD: Newer, (2001 +) Ampeg B4R in soft 3 spc. rack case. not sure which brand of soft case however. no power cord or anything, just head in the case. there was some chinese art in the zipper pocket if that helps.

CAB: Avatar B410 cab. black carpeted 4x10 cab with a center mounted horn and a small tear in the carpeting on one side. 2 1/4" jacks, 4 rear ports and removable casters.

i do not have serial numbers because i do not own the computer which had that information anymore. if there are any decent souls out there please contact me, anonymous ok, i just want my gear back. and because of my work situation i am in no position to afford new gear (or a car for that matter).

thanks for your time.
    858-735-4407 or fukingus@hotmail.com

2. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    :( I am sorry to hear it...I hope you get it all back...My thoughts are with you...

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    that sucks...

(you leave your gear in the car all night??? no space in the house or something?)

4. ****ty. i am so sorry.:eek: :confused: :bawl: :mad: :oops:

5. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I'm sorry to hear about that.

I hope you get your gear back.

6. If I found that guy I'd try him to the car and drag him around till a leg falls off. The right leg to because then he can't drive....

7. i know i blew it by leaving it in the car. i have done so many times and not had an issue. my neighbors are a church and a middle school so it's not a bad part of PB. i found the serial number for the head

AMPEG B4R SERIAL #BLMO020009.

if it means anything i had to call all over San Diego to find this amp, it's not very common i guess, i've never seen one gigged out besides mine. i don;t know ANYONE with an Avatar cab either. GC had no idea what they were..

8. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
  9. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
  10. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Sorry ot hear that - it really sucks!

Hope you get your gear and car back soon!:)

11. :( It sucks having stuff stolen, I hope you get it back.

But it's kinda cool how you put your bass gear above your car.;) :rolleyes:

12. so that was YOUR car i took? lol just kidding, sorry if that made you mad, im like a bazillion miles away so it wouldnt be me, but thats such a bummer, i would be so angry if somebody stole something valuable of mine :mad:

13. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I'm so sorry to hear that man, I hope everything turns out okay.:bawl:

14. If I see anything, you'll be the very first to know, Ill be on the lookout

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It's probably a long shot, but I hope you have some "Great Luck" and your gear shows up.

16. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    What makes you so sure that it was a punk? It could've been a gang member or a free lance car thief. Why automatically assume that the person who stole your car listened to punk music, I don't think we need those kind of stereotypes :p .

17. The only thing more pathetic than a thief...

...is a thief who takes a man's tools.:meh:
    What a crap weasel.:mad:

I hope you find your stuff, or something to use until you can afford another amp.

18. yes------he really is a crap weasel