Some questions about adapter for Akai Deep Impact

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hvingsand, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Okay... so I managed to get one of these on ebay :bassist:

As I live in Norway, I can't just plug in the adaptor in my wall outlets. So:

Question #1: Does anyone know if there are any smart plugs that can make the american looking adapter fit my wall outlets? Or is that hard because we have 230V and the Americans have (I think) 110V?

Question #2: I've heard rumours that standard boss adapters will work on the Akai. TRUE/FALSE? I don't have a boss adaptor, but I have the Godlyke PE-9A Power All adaptor... Will this work just fine? I just want to be 100% sure, because it would be a shame to destroy it before I get started with it :meh:

Question#3: The adaptor that came along with the package was small and grey, and didn't say akai in any way. Is this the original, or just one that works? Could anyone describe or post a picture of the original akai deep impact adaptor?

2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The godlyke will work, aslong as its 9v and +ve tip :)
  3. Kile

Nov 23, 2004
    Here it is:

Attached Files:

4. N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    Just use a regular boss adaptor - 200ma centre negative.
  5. Are you absolutely sure you can use positive tip? According to my Godlyke user manual the standard Godlyke daisy chain (black cable) is tip negative, and the red cables are tip positive...

And I think it's the black cable that fits boss pedals, hence they'll fit the Akai (according to others)

Am I wrong here? I still haven't tried it... :meh:
  6. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I've not got my Akai manual right here - but Ill look for you when i get home... M'kay?
  7. that would be great :cool:
  8. So, did anyone find out? Can I use standard Godlyke black cable for powering up the Akai Deep Impact? Or do I need the red cable?
  9. Kile

Nov 23, 2004
    Didn't you saw picture of AKAI original power supply I've post for you? It's marked on it what connector type is required.

I've don't have Godlyke but you need center tip negative connector.