Some questions about Gallien-Krueger

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassAxe, Sep 23, 2002.

1. BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I recall some time back that G-K had on their website under the "accessories" section black coffee mugs with the G-K logo. Anyone know if these are still available? It's not on their site now.

Also, the G-K ads with Orlando Wright show him with two 1001RB heads. Isn't a 2001RB head supposed to be just two 1001RBs put together? Aside from the fact that you can replace one if it craps out and still have the other, what other advantages would there be? Does the sound from a 1001RB differ from a 2001RB? Are you able to get the same volume output from two 1001RBs as you would from one 2001RB? Is the cost of one 2001RB greater than the cost of two 1001RBs? Does the 1001RB have some features which the 2001RB lacks?

Okey. I guess that's it. Thanks.

By the way, I have a 1001RB. I love it. If I need more power someday, I am considering a 2001RB based solely on my 1001RB's performance, though I might still go with something else.
  2. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Wow someone else was wondering the same thing! I was talking to my guitar player about this and I was puzzled... I'm not sure. It says on the GK site that you can run from the effects send to the effects in on another GK amp and the one sending will control the output and tone of the other one I believe... maybe he switches between the two during a gig or something for quick tone change... I dunno. Any other thoughts?
  3. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Hello all. Trip from Gk here. The 2001 has more overall "girth" in the tone. As for chaining 2 1001 heads; You can go from the tuner out of one and into the input of the other without the confusion of the 2 preamps interfering with each other. You can also "effect" one unit and the other will stay clean. Hope this helps.
  4. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    Hey Trip. What do you mean by "more Girth"? Are you saying it sounds bigger?
    I know the 2001 is twice the size because...there’s 2 of em in there.
  5. bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Actually, judging just from the specs, it looks like the 2001 is a pair of 700s. Each channel has the same power rating at 4 ohms as a 700. The 500 watt per channel rating is at 2 ohms each channel, or 1000 watts at 4 ohms bridged.
  6. tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Hello all! This is Trip typing to you from Australia! Doing some playing here! The 2001 is bigger sounding. In the dual mono mode it is 2 700s. In bridge mono it is 2 1001s. Indeed. I might be disappearing for a while my home is about to be decimated by a hurricane. I'm safe here down under and my wife has made the necessary precautions we should be OK.
  7. BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    Yikes, well good luck then!:eek:

Thanks for the advice.