1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Some questions on buying basses from ishibashi

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BrandonBass, Dec 15, 2006.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    hey guys, i have been wanting a epiphone thunderbird for awhile now. and last time i checked a brand new one at my guitar center cost around 400-500us dollars...so ive been holding back for awhile

but i stumbled upon the ishibashi webby just now and it stated that
    the epiphone thunderbird on their site is no more than 350 including shipping fee. is it too good to be true? or did i misread anything?

anyways how do i order stuff from that site? its all in japanese and stuff. how long average will it be delivered to my place?

2. They are legit, they have an english part to the website im sure? You can email the internation email address and sort it out that way.

I wish they still shipped MIJ fenders :(

3. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    how do i order from the site?

4. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    do i send the guy the email stating the bass i wanna buy or what?

5. blmeier7

blmeier7

May 7, 2006
    Amarillo, TX
    They do have an English version to their website. You can go to their main site and scroll down about 3/4 the way down. It is not as straight forward as you would think but it does have the word "english" somewhere in the link. I have emailed them several times and always gotten quick responses. I would recommend emailing them for the exact ordering process. I have not ordered from them but I have heard from others that they are reputable.

6. gamelan

gamelan

Dec 15, 2006
    There is an "in english" link at the top of their website. You can get more information about international ordering from there.
    I believe prices on their site don't include shipping (not international shipping at least). Bass shipping to the US is around $120.
    From my experience, if you contact them by e-mail it may take up to 2 days for the initial reply.
    Once your item is shipped it should take less than a week for it to get to you.
    Hope this helps.

7. basadam

basadam

Nov 29, 2005
    Send an e-mail in english to web-shop@ishibashi.co.jp

8. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    thanks for the replies, and i yes ive checked the english translated site but they havent got back to me yet. christmas maybe?

arghh the prices prolly didnt include shipping prices, knew its too cheap to be true

9. Not to side track the thread, but I thought an earlier thread about them no longer shipping overseas came to the conclusion the would sell to individuals but not to resellers. At least that was the gist of the thread- have you gotten different info? Reason I'm asking is I planned on getting something from them sometime next year.

Sure hope you're wrong...

Bob

10. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    its been almost 2days since i emailed the guy and he hasnt replied....!!!

11. I hope im wrong aswell! I was going by that other thread to be honest, maybe picked it up wrong?

12. They dont include shipping i dont think, but it isnt that bad, IIRC it was <$100

Thats wierd, i always got a reply in a day or so, usually the same day, maybe its because its close to christmas and they are closed over the weekend or something?

13. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Bear in mind they're over 12 hours ahead of you. If you sent a mail on Friday afternoon it's Saturday morning over there.

14. rluk

rluk

Nov 4, 2004
    Tallinn, Estonia
    When I dealed with them some 2 years ago, it seemed like the guy (some
    said girl :p) who was responsible answering emails in english, was working on some sort of stwo days work/two days free basis. Very nice to deal
    with though, just give him/her some time :D

And yes, shipping was around 100 $ to EU, for what I ve heard, it is
    about the same for US.

15. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    :hyper:
    Relax.
    They are a bit slow on their replies.
    They ship EMS, well-packed.
    Payment is via wire transfer from your bank to their bank.
    They'll send you all the bank info for your bank to use.
    Once the wire is sent, you'll have a bass 5~10 days later.
    They also charge you about $15~$25 for the charge their bank hits them with for an incoming international wire transfer.
    Their shipping is a bit higher than some smaller shops.

About that bass low price:
    The Japanese are a neat/clean culture. As such, basses that are dirty(need a good cleaning) OR have the smallest ding or scratch get discounted bigtime. I've eyed those Epi's too but got the colored one instead for near full price(discounted about the cost of shipping because of a nearly-invisible paint ding).

Example:
    GrecoFXd.

3 Greco T-Bird pickups, 3 volume controls, Badass bridge(stock!), VERY low price due to the 3 dings where it rests on your leg and two small dings on the back(no belt-buckle rash, just small dings). My 1st LP. Sounds available are amazing.