1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spikez, Jun 26, 2005.

1. spikez

spikez

Jun 26, 2005
    Hi there!
    I would like to ask you guys(and girls) for some advice.
    I have got a lovelly yamaha rbx 374 and wanted to get some combo or a head/cab, but as I´m a little to broke at the moment I had an ideia wich raised some questions. So my questions are:
    -Can I get a cheap, reasonable pre amp (I was thinking about a Presonus Tube Pre) plus a cheap eq (maybe a Behringer FBQ-3102) and connect them to my Norton NX300 power amp wich is connected to a pair of HK Classic Pro speakers?
    -The NX300 has two channels(left and right), but I would only use one, right?
    -If I only use one channel from the NX300 I can only use one Speaker, or can I connect them both without problems(the speakers have some kind of input and output and xlr a input and a xlr output, so I was thinking about connecting the RBX to the Presonus, the Presonus to the Behringer, the Behringer to the NX300(just to one channel), the NX300 to a Speaker, and one Speaker to the other)?

Thanks in advance and I´m sorry if I don´t make any sense(I´m a very nooby person in this business).

2. Most pre amps will have an EQ on them anyway, so its not really nessicary for a second one

look second hand, tons of great deals to be had :)