1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some Questions....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chips, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Gday guys,

Im currently in the final stages of finishing my board, but i still need some help.

This is what i have so far....
    EHX Bassballs (russian)
    EHX Big Muff (russian)
    EHX Small Clone
    Ibanez Weeping Demon
    Boss BF-2
    Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde

1) With my BF-2, theres some noise, and i can hear the unit flanging the hiss when engaged. So, i'm going to be purchasing an NS-2.... Where in my chain would i place this? Also, will it help cut out any noise when using a distortion/fuzz when you stop playing? And will this make my BF-2 stop flanging the hiss????

2) I'm going to be purchasing a looper. At the moment, i was thinking one or 2 loops are all i need. First loop is going to be the Big Muff and Bassballs, a la BIGBALLS... Now for the second loop, i was thinking of running the BF-2 and NS-2 in it for my flanging sounds, but will the NS-2 be effective if used before the unit itself. As im pretty sure its the BF-2 making the hiss.

3) With my "bigballs" setup, i want to get a blend pot placed for that loop. How are the blend functions on loopers? Ive heard that Loooper's blenders werent that great because they were passive or something?

4) I need a new fuzz, it MUST have a blend function (i think). Im looking for a nice smooth fuzz, so thats where the blend will help out. My main choice at the moment is the PE Depth Charge, but i've been asking around, and i cant find anywhere that can get them in around here. And none on ebay. Does any one know their distributor, or have one they would sell to me?:D
    Also on this topic, the T-Rex Bass Juice... Distortion or Fuzz??? and how much are they?

5)Power Supplies... How effective is the Godlyke powerall? More specifically how is it if im powering 8-10 pedals? Is there anything else, thats not insanely priced that can power 8-10 pedals? Keeping in mind im in australia too

Sorry bout the long post, i just wanna get this right the first time :)

Peace
    Blake:bassist:

2. Thanks alot.

Another fuzz i have found is the Fender Blender.... Anyone ever try this on a bass???