1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Some rare finds at Guitar Center San Jose

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Archaeobass, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    So it looks like someone is liquidating a collection of high end instruments throughout the Silicon Valley's local Guitar Center, including a 7 string Ritter and a Sei 6 string. You don't run into this stuff at GC every day. I never thought I'd get to play a Sei bass, but five minutes with one made me wish the dollar was stronger against the pound so I could see a single cut 5 in my future. Anyway: heads up! Someone might get a deal out of this.

2. grettings fellow NorCal-er!
    Is this the GC on stevens creek, by any chance?

3. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    That's the only GC I know in San Jose area.. lol They have pretty neat stuffs..

4. Archaeobass

Archaeobass

Dec 12, 2008
    Yeah, this is the Steven's Creek store. I suppose its in Santa Clara technically.

They also had a really nice Alembic Series II.

5. Nice. :bassist:
    I've been there once (and never again!) but never noticed anything as expensive as a Ritter. I guess this means they've just earned the privilege of another one of my holy visits.... if I feel like it. :p

6. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    They've always been on a different level somehow. I always remember playing alembic 5 and 6 strings there back in the mid 90s. My first experience with true sticker shock :eek:

7. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    They have those really old fender guitars too; If I remember correctly..

8. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, I played my first Modulus, Zon, Pedulla, and Rick Turner Electroline Fretless there. That fretless was IT. I wish I could've afforded it at the time.

9. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I used to live off of Race Street in SJ, right down the street. Many a time I would go there on my days off...like every day off!!! Gosh, now I'm getting nostalgic...:bawl:

10. iri5hpunk21

iri5hpunk21

Feb 1, 2009
    You guys ever tried Guitar Showcase on Bascom? They have a pretty great selection with some uncommon brands (especially when you compare amps to GC), and I've found some gems in their consignment shop.

11. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I've been there many many times. My main bass many years ago was a Spector I got from their used shop...

12. t0t0m

t0t0m

Dec 8, 2008
    just checked used.guitarcenter.com, the price for Ritter 7 is US$4799.99 and SEi is US$4499.99 :eek: :eek:

Hands down for the Ritter..

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021