1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some rig advice!! Am I crazy??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bamabass, Apr 10, 2009.

1. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have been an eden user since I started playing bass. I have owned almost every cabinet and every amp. I love the eden tone. My current rig consists of a Navigator/WT1000, a 210xst, 212xlt, and a 610xlt (currently for sale). I have tried other rigs and always end up coming back to my edens. I had the chance to try a new set-up the other day and I fell in love...or lust, whichever is appropriate. It was a DB750 into a DB212. Full, Fat......it was amazing. I am seriously considering selling what I have now and getting that set-up. Is this craziness? Will I regret the move? I do not want to start a whole aguilar is better than/Eden is better than discussion. My eden gear has been bulletproof....but maybe my laklands would like some new playmates. Any advice, especially from people who have played both.

Thanks!

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I'd see if the music store would let me take the Ag rig to a live gig before I'd part with "any" of the Eden gear.
    I've not played the DB750 live at a job but have tried a Ag 212 cab live.
    A while back I tried every 212 cab I could find. I ended up with a Eden 212XLT. The Ag 212 sounded great by itself, and was my second choice, but for me didn't "cut" in a band like the 212XLT did.
    Last summer I did a job where the back-line was furnished. The bass amp was a Eden WT 800 into a Eden 610XLT. That was the absolute best bass amp I've ever had the pleasure to play through. Are you sure you really want to part with a 610XLT????

3. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    LOL...this is exactly why I wanted feedback. Everytime I went somewhere else, I came back. Maybe its slow as far as gigging so GAS is weirding me out...lol...thanks shoot-r