1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Some saucy funk!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Aug 2, 2007.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    i just wrote a little funk groove that i thought you guys might like to hear. The guitar sounds crappy, but the bass sounds pretty tight. tell me what you think!

http://funkymonks89.googlepages.com/sharp.mp3

hopefully that link works... :meh:

2. j.a.e.r.i.p

j.a.e.r.i.p

Apr 8, 2007
    Thats a nice funky groove you have going there, you should put some horns on there.

3. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I like it! Post some more of it when you add to it. :)

4. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    thanks guys! yeah, i'll work on it some more when i get around to it. Btw, i recorded the bass by literally throwing a pair of headphones next to my 100W SWR combo. i was really surprised by the recorded tone. :D

5. Basshole

Basshole Banned

Jan 28, 2005
    Headphones? As mics? (I know that a speaker in reverse is just a dynamic mic, so it's possible...just wanna know if I read that right). BTW, sounds good! :bassist:

6. zac2944

zac2944

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    That must be your Warwick? I dig the tone. It's like a fart in the bathtub. Nice work.

7. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Cool groove. Don't forget to leave some space in there, that's what funk is all about, the space in between the notes. For ***** and giggles, try cutting the bass and guitar part in half and see what happens.

8. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    thanks for the tips! :cool: