Some sort of weird phenomena.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Petary791, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    So in my new band, it's like a Jack Johnson rip-off, the rhythm section are the only people with the girlfriends in the band! Me and the drummer both do!

But then again, the lead singer/guitarist has girls all over him all the time, but still, ironic ain't it?
  2. txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    A thought from the female perspective...

Had to get in The Way-Back Machine and pretend I'm 22 again...

"Hmmm...let's see. They're all pretty cute, and they all seem pretty nice. But I don't want to wait in line all night to talk to that guitarist. He's got women all over him. I'll go talk to the drummer/bassist!"

And there you have it.

Cherie ;-)
  3. Supernova67

Jun 21, 2005
    It's because most of the time the bassist and the drummer have the biggest "instruments" in the band :D (or so i've heard)
  4. KSDbass

Mar 25, 2005
    me and my drummer both have girlfriends (or what can be considered a girlfriend in junior high...) and girls just... don't like my guitarist...
  5. I am the only member of my band who is flying solo. Infact,I'm the only one who hasn't had a girlfriend. No,we are not that old,only 13-15.
    The other band I am in doesn't count,because all of them are much older than me. By older I mean in their late 40-50s.
  6. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005

We need to clone you....
  7. Sounds to me like you guys have the better end of the deal!!!

Do you really want air-headed, one-dimensional, drunk, sleazy groupies slobbering all over you?! Superficially you might say yes, but don't come crying to me when you're getting treatment for syphilis. :eyebrow:

Trust me, get yourself an intelligent, respectable woman with good career prospects and treat her like she ought to be treated - you'll never look back.
  8. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    hahahaha, classic
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Phenomena is the plural of phenomenon.
  10. It's trivia like this that get's us bassists all the girls!
    A guitarist would never have known that!!

11. spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    I am the bassist and I usually had girls approach me after shows instead of the other band members in my old band..i have a gf so it does not do much good for me..sure did piss off the lead singer/guitarist who was single lol.

Our new band has a female singer, she has a great voice and lots of sex appeal...It'll surely attract male fans like a magnet!
  12. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I'm confused where Jack Johnson ripoff comes into play in this story?
  13. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    it means none of them should should have girlfriends in the first place! ;)
  14. Jingle_W_Clark

Jingle_W_Clark Banned

Feb 4, 2006
    I have the biggest instrument in my band.
  15. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    now that i think about it same goes for my band--me and the drummer have women friends.