Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some stuff I tried out the other day:

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Casey C., Aug 25, 2002.

1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I went to a store called Pianos n Stuff the other day to get a new set of strings and try out some basses. This store is pretty nice. They have A LOT of guitars but not enough basses.

Anyways, First on the list was to play a Fender Jazz bass to get the feel of it. I really liked it. It played and sounded great! And it was only the MIM standard version! Then I tried a MIM P-bass special. This P-bass was cool as hell, but I didn't like the feel and I wasn't to wild on the tone. It was like a low gloss black with a grey pickguard and rosewood fingerboard. Never seen one like it.

After I tickled the Fenders I gave a warwick rockbass a shot. I played a 4-string streamer. Not quite sure on the model. But it was about $325 or so and it had a transparent red finish. Beautiful. It played excellent. If you were considering/questioning a rockbass, they are good for the money.

Then, to get the feel of money, I tried Modulus Flea 4. Awesome. I didn't play with it too much, but it felt cool.

I finally got to try a line 6 POD out too. It's pretty cool, but I didn't know how to work it so...

I left the store satisfied with a set of dean markley cryo's and a new speaker cable.

Well, if anyone has question on the stuff I played, I can try to answer them.

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Your best bet is to search out posts on those items and post some answers. Nobody likes an unanswered thread :)

3. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I don't know why, but I felt it was necessary for me to share my expierence... :oops: :D

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    with someone the other side of the world. isn't technology marvelous?