1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Some suggestions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FatCity, Dec 2, 2004.

1. FatCity

FatCity

Apr 30, 2002
    Lexington, SC
    Endorsing Artist: Howard's Crispy Fried Chicken Skins
    Hi all,

My 40th birthday is fast approaching and my wife asked what I would like for a gift. Of course I said that a new bass would be great. I currently have a Jazz bass which I love, but would like to get something a bit different this time. I play classic/hard rock through a Gallien Krueger rig, use flatwounds (TI's), play with a pick about 40% of the time and am not a slapper...I like my bass dark. With these things in mind, I would appreciate opinions on what might be a good fit for a new bass. A P would probably be perfect, but I would like something different. I have been researching the G&L ASAT & L-2000, the EB Stingray & Sterling, and the Warwick Corvette standard- this is the price range that I would like to stay in. The problem is that no local dealers carry the G&L's or EB's so I can't try one out.

Thanks in advance for any opinions,

FC

2. Walbassman

Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    RICKENBACKER

3. FatCity

FatCity

Apr 30, 2002
    Lexington, SC
    Endorsing Artist: Howard's Crispy Fried Chicken Skins
    I am considering Ricks as well. I have owned a Rick in the past and loved the tone- I am just considering all options. It is not often that I get to go out and get any bass I choose :)

4. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    A Euro Spector....

These are available at some knockdown prices at the moment and are superbly made basses capable of a classic growling rock tone.... :bassist: