Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some truly funny gig stories, you gotta read these....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Francis, Sep 28, 2000.

1. Francis

Francis Banned (JWC)

Sep 28, 2000
    Last Friday, we played a gig at a very small local club. However, there were alot of people there, as we have developed a pretty big following in town. We wanted to put on a super high energy show, so the guitarist and I decided we would just go nuts on stage. So, it was pretty electric at first. 2 front men, shirtless in leather jumping around and thrashing like they were in a trance. Ok, then things go south! Well, my cord got wrapped up around the drummer's bass drum somehow. I went to do a jump up in a 180 style leap and my foot got wrapped around the cord. I stumbled and tripped. About this time, the guitarist had his cord wrapped around his boot, and was all tangled up. I bumped into him. We both ended up on the floor playing. Never breaking a note. We played as best we could as we got up and untangled.

2. Hey Francis.. where in GA are you, and what's the name of your band??

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey dave, it's JWC. say hi, while you can.

4. JT, that's from freakin' 9 months ago!

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D yep.

6. I had forgotten all about that thread.
    So, you have proof this is JWC? Same ISP number or whatever?
    I'm out for the weekend, have fun!

7. Yes but isn't it typical of JWC to trip over his own words? I mean look he even falls over during his bands set!..
    :p

Merls