1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Some Warwick questions...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TFunkadelic, Jul 21, 2007.

1. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic

Apr 9, 2006
    I've been playing a Warwick Streamer standard (from what I can tell from the body/what it says on it) with a single passive pick up for about a year now, and I love it. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't actually belong to me (a friend of mine left it here one day and never came back for it, but now he says he's gotta reclaim possession on it).

I'm now on the market for a new Warwick, and I feel like I've got it narrowed down to a few different choices.

My current top pick is the BO Thumb 4 string. I've heard great things about the tone (more so than I have for the corvette), the price is within my budget, and neither the weight or neck size are of concern to me since I'm used to playing Warwicks and I have massive hands.

My second choice right now is the Corvette $$ NT. It might be just slightly out of my price range, but if the sound and feel are alot better than the other choices, I'd be willing to stretch my budget a little bit.

I play primarily finger style funk (similar to Paul Jackson) and some rock stuff, and I really have come to love what the warwick growl brings to the table for that style. I guess my question is, what differences can I expect between these basses and "my" current one. Will they compare favorably? Which of the two is better suited for my playing style?

2. The main difference (as far as I can tell) is the pickup placement. Which on the Thumb is quite close, its a distinctive mid range machine. The corvette is more balanced tonally.

Also check the used market, loads of bargains!