Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

some wick questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DubBeats CB, Jul 30, 2005.

1. i have been looking for a six string warwick.....here are some quesitons :help: :

1: Is the corvette six have good enough string spacing for slapping....also double thumping and double popping?

2: If the string spacing is too tight am i better off looking for a thumb witha broad neck?

and finally..

3: What is the string spacing for a corvette 6 and a broadneck thumb 6 and a regular thumb 6?

A lot of info being asked here but thanks in advance :D

Edit: I thought of one more...is there any others that can be recomended for about the same price as the corvette? I do a lot of slapping and popping, so take that into consideration and also something that can lay down a thick groove.

2. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    well the only good sixers for slapping are the broadneck family and the streamer S1 6, with 20 mm between strings at bridge the other might come with something between 16 and 14 mm.

3. Warwickman0810

Warwickman0810

Mar 29, 2005
    London, UK
    They made a few limited edition corvettes with broad necks a few years ago but i think their owners are clinging on to them, havent seen any on 'bay. Broaadnecks are awsome but take a little while to get used to. I've heard thumbs sound fantastic and are great for slapping & popping ;)

4. I don't see why with determined and proper practice you can't be as proficient at slapping on a 16.5 mm spaced instrument as you are on a 19 mm spaced instrument.

Practice cures (almost) all I think.

:bassist:

5. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    The Streamer LX 6 is really nice too, don't rule that one out...

6. I've got a Corvette Standard 6.

16.5mm spacing, but I have mine adjusted out to around 17 - they have adjustable string spacing. Yeah, you can slap on it, like everyone else said, you just need some time in the shed and you'll be fine.

7. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Me too.
    It takes some time, but you can get used to it.

Broadnecks (20 mm): Streamer LX (used or new - still can be ordered), Thumb BO broadneck, SSI