Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Some work I did on Powertab

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Note - Sorry when I posted this twice yesterday..my computer kept crapping out on me, it's working today though. I went and deleted one of them, at the same time a mod deleted the other one I guess, both disappeared lol.

Anyway, the other day I redid the intro to Slayers Seasons in the Abyss on bass. I didn't bother with the rest of the song. The guitar riff is seated too low..not much I can do with it.

This is my first time messing with the bass lines to someone else's recording, it was fun. The intro is probably about 90% original, for instance, in bars 13-16 the octave/slide thing was part of the song, I just messed with it a little.

Any feedback is appreciated, although this is primarily a jazz site I doubt I'll get any responses I'm hoping for :D

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Does this belong in the TAB fourm?

How I have missed you.

3. I wasn't sure, I hesitated. Recordings is kinda for work you've done yourself, Tablature is more for people looking for that certain tab.

You're guess is as good as I mine. :D

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Meh, who cares, lets party.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'll keep this in recordings, because, well...it isn't tablature, not directly at least.