1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

somebands do downtune

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by wishforbass, Jan 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. wishforbass

wishforbass

Jun 23, 2016
    Iran
    Some band like slipknot do down tuning but are they use 5 string that install 4 top string without g string .like just top four.
    Do they use a 5 string gauges one four string bass or its the 4 string normal gauges that downturn?

Is it possible install b string gauge on four string instead of e,can nut accept bigger size?

What is the trick are there instruments ,that made four tune bead and nut is make for this use or their instruments are normal eadg bass with normal nut that they install other style?

When I look at my nut it looks I can't put bigger string on lower nut place .its seems I can't install e string gauge on the place a string on nut .

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Usually installation of a larger string will require modifications to your instrument.

3. wishforbass

wishforbass

Jun 23, 2016
    Iran
    But are they use standard strings and do down tuning on the normal 4 string?

4. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Yes. What tuning would you like and I or others can let you know the gauges required to achieve them.

5. wishforbass

wishforbass

Jun 23, 2016
    Iran
    I like drop b or a.for slipknot songs

6. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    B F# B E then?

7. wishforbass

wishforbass

Jun 23, 2016
    Iran
    Yes

8. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    You will most likely have issues with the big low B string fitting through the bridge and sitting in the nut. You will need to rest the bass up as well. saddle adjustments, neck adjustments and intonation will all need to be addressed.

wishforbass likes this.