1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Somebody got a nice deal on the Bay!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kjpollo, Jun 4, 2011.

1. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    REALLY nice Carvin 5er with a lot of bells and whistles. I was watching it and was gonna post while the auction was still going but I didnt want to hose a fellow TBer. Just in case someone here was already on it.

CARVIN MODEL LB75 BASS GUITAR 5-STRING - NICE! | eBay

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
  3. staindbass

staindbass

Jun 9, 2008
    how does $626 and 32 bids equal zero resale value ? maybe you meant zero appreciation value.

4. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
  5. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I figured with the abalone block inlays, and the fact that it has the piezo bridge- I would've thought it would go for over $700-750

6. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    No that's actually pretty good for a Carvin :) There was a nicer one that went for less the week before. Not great for the seller, but bliss for the buyer! Carvins are as good as anything under $2000 and are a steal on the used market.

7. nocontrols

nocontrols

Apr 2, 2011
    It seems like NOTHING except for Fenders and snobs-only "boutique" brands hold their value. Which means bass players are stupid and painfully narrow-minded. There is an entire universe of awesome basses out there for a song because they aren't high-profile... if you can get a Carvin or any one of thousands of great instruments for cheap, then go for it. It's a buyer's market so enjoy yourselves, fellas.

8. I love the fact that carvin goes for cheaper on ebay! I have many basses and I have to day that the carvin I got on ebay is by far the best built and most versatile of all of them.i just got it a week ago and it is already my go to bass beating out the spectors, zons, mtd, fender,mm,ibanez, cirrus collection of mine. Now to keep on the lookout for a good deal on a for string version and I will be letting done basses go. For my money,it gets no better than Carvin.