1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Somebody help me get a sound out of my lull m4v, please!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slothlane, Apr 29, 2015.

1. slothlane

slothlane Banned

May 23, 2012
    Cant seem to find a great sound from my really nice Lull m4v. gigged a bunch with it, changed a string, still just a bit too bright. I really love the way this thing plays, love it! but can't seem to dial in the right umph of bass while still retaining a nice j bass punch. any thoughts?? strings i should try?? settings?? swap out the fralins for something?? install an agular pre instead of the stock bart?? if anyone has any ideas please let me know. thanks so much.

2. jim nolte

jim nolte

Oct 26, 2006
    california
    Are you just diming the V/V controls? If you are try favoring the neck pup over the bridge pup. A common mis-conception of Jazz basses is that both pups have to be on full to get rid of hiss. As long as both pups are on at any volume level they will act as a humbucker unless one pup is greatly turned up more than the other. lots of different tones in that V/V layout. Slightly backing off the bridge pup should fatten up the sound. Jim