Somebody just caught a great deal.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

2. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    man and i would have paid twice that!
  3. 1 hting of negative feedback in 270 sales...sounds pretty good.

I would love to hera the story behind this...I'd also love to buy that for a penny, and turn around and sell it for like 300 or so (assuming it's all working and such..)

4. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Sounds like the seller made a mistake when setting the "Buy It Now" price.
  5. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    It was probably prearranged between the 2 parties already so there be some type of binding contract, but the seller was able to avoid the eBay fees. (Gee, sounds like I've done this before).
  6. Nate Dawg

Nate Dawg

Apr 8, 2000
    Denver, CO
    But the winning bid was placed 2 hours after the item was listed. If it were pre-arranged, then the buyer should have placed the "bid" right after the item was listed to avoid having somebody steal it before he was able to bid.
  7. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    You're right, I didn't notice that. Looks like the seller goofed and I'd bet he's willing to take another negative feedback on this one.
  8. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Yeah, looks too good to be true. I think it might be two mates that are playing a joke or something...

Not fair none the less :spit: :bawl:
  9. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Anyone remember when that guy put an Aguilar DB750 up for auction with some kind of ridiculously low BIN price? I think it turned out to be an accident but it seemed like one of those things where it was damn low but not so low that you didn't still have a little bit of hope that it was for real (unlike this .01 cent thing). I bet whoever won that auction was pretty dissappointed in the end.

brad cook
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Maybe the guy's short gas money or somethin'.
  11. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
  12. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    That was my DB750! It was prearranged with the buyer because he wanted positive feedback on his new eBay account(although he didn't return the favor) and wanted some type of contractual agreement. Believe me, I got much more for it than the Buy it Now price.:D
  13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeh ... he's really hip, man ... Nemesis by Dave Eden.

They're personal friends, apparently.
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Oh ok...are you sure we're talking about the same thing? What was your BIN price? I ask because I was thinking I saw the same guy put it back up for sale the next day. I could be wrong. I think this was a few months back.

brad cook
  15. NeedMoreBass

Feb 14, 2003
    Yes, it was a few months back(1st part of October to be exact). To be honest, I don't remember the exact amount I set the BIN for, but it was some ridiculous price and it was definitely me. I watch eBay pretty close and I haven't seen any other DB750's go for this price so I don't think there were any others. I got quite a few emails wondering if I had any more deals like that. But as I stated it was all prearranged, the buyer hit BIN within a couple of minutes of my posting the ad. I did have it listed at full price and ended the auction, then relisted it with the low BIN, that may be what you're thinking of.
  16. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    That's a novel way to sell gear on eBay...BIN for $0.01 and then charge $400 to $500 for shipping...similar to the method used by sellers of laser pointers and ginsu knives:D

I think the seller goofed on this one though...