Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Somebody needs to get this bass!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by panic_striken, Oct 30, 2005.

1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
  2. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Of what quality? Youve never played it. (Or have you, and is this just spam?)

Ive never heard of the luthier either, so it could be a great deal, or a huge waste of money.

3. true...to spend more than 400 dollars on an unknown luthier's "custom" bass, i'd be cautious...they don't look to bad though

4. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I am not a spammer I promise ya that. I was just wastin' time on ebay seeing what kinda deals they had when I saw that bass. I just thought it looked amazing, and if everything in the description held true it would be a great deal!!!!! True about the luthier though. I don't know anything about him or his basses either. I am a mass production bass man myself :p I play a Warwick Corvette w/ S. Duncan Antiquity I's installed just recently :bassist:

5. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Foreign basses dont get too much press in the US ( dont go nit-picking with ppl like Jerzy ). I think its the non-english websites, personally. Im sure that Europe has to have great luthiers, so I might buy it (if I liked it) if I had the money to lay out. Try something new!

6. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    It's got an Elrick inspired headstock that's for sure. When it first popped up I thought of the Washburn Force 4 basses.

That's just IMO of course. It looks like a killer bass though.

AuG

7. I've always been a fan of MB basses. I was considering getting one a couple years ago. TB member dreadhead has got one or two and knows the luthier, apparently he worked for Warwick's custom shop until he began making his own basses. Some beautiful stuff, although I obviously haven't had the chance to play one.

8. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    It's pretty cool, if I wanted a fretless I'd be tempted but I have 6 string (and possibly 7) GAS to fulfil before I get myself immersed in fretless. Looking at the site that guy makes some pretty impressive basses, I like what I see.