Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Somebody saves me!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by plasson, Sep 19, 2005.

1. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    Why, why, WHY do I always have to fix something in my setup?!
    The pedal... the head... The onboard preamp...

I beg for an help guys:
    I've just changed my pedal effects chain order today by putting the envelope filter (DigiTech Bass Synth Wah Envelope Filter) after the overdrive (Tech21 SansAmp Programmable Bass Driver DI)...
    Before that, the EF was at the beginning of the signal chain...
    I was trying to reach a synth-like sound (damned Chemical Brothers... : D ), so I had both of them switched on...
    Finally?
    Great sound! ... but... switching off the l'envelope filter, l'overdrive stopped working!!!
    The signal was still running, I could clearly hear the original clean bass sound, the LED was lighted, but the sound was not effected!
    The only way to effect the sound with the overdrive was to keep the EF (which was situated AFTER the SansAmp in the chain!!!) turned on!!!

What pisses me off is that it's not the first time it happens!!!
    Last year I made the same identical changes, with my old non-programmable SansAmp.
    I shipped it to the assistance center and they immediately fixed the problem (I have just had to pay the shipping price, the warranty was still valid).
    Whad do you guys think: is it a SansAmp or Envelope Filter problem?

Little note: the envelope filter has got a little... bug... to activate it I have to push the switch very deep, otherwise it makes a false contact... but I have to push it VERY deep!
    What's driving me crazy is that it is putted in the end of the signal chain!!! :bawl:

Please... somebody helps me figuring out what's going on... :bawl:

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The envelope filter won't affect the distortion in such a way, there's something wrong with the Sansamp.
    But it may be a good idea to have the Digitech's switch fixed, too.

3. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    I must fix my post: I made and incredible mistake!!!
    The signal doesn't eaven run if I switch off the EF... The only way to keep it going is to take away the EF from my chain or to put it as first pedal!!! O_O

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Use the BSW's dry output?

SABDDI> BSW===dry out> rest of chain.

5. plasson

plasson

Mar 21, 2005
    ***... I'm DUMB!!! :D
    Hahahaha, the jack was plugged in the WET output...
    Hahaha, due to the fact occourred the last time, I was suggested...
    Everything (obviously...) is as it has to be now...
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    Hahaha...

6. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I won't tell you how I knew :D