1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Somebody Snag This!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Apr 20, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Snag It?

I've seen this movie, the black dude dies first. YOU snag it!

:D

-Mike

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Dude, shut up about this one! If everyone sees it the price will go up.
    :D
    (I'm seriously intending to snag it.)

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    LOL!!!!

4. Do it. I put a set of Suhr jazz pickups in mine and it smokes. I'll put soundclips up sometime. Sorry for dropping the info for everyone to see. Nobody bid on this. Let Bongomania grab it!!:D

5. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    There was a sweet metallic-blue one that just sold on ebay yesterday, and the bidding got up to $525 and I backed out. I probably should have been more aggressive, but it looked like the guy with the winning bid was bidding pretty aggressively himself. Along with at least two other strong contenders. So we'll see if they are still "feeling it" when this black one goes down. Ah, the joys of ebay addiction and bass addiction!

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    There's one in a store kind of near me back home, however they want $750 for it. Great bass, not so great price.

7. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Check this out!
    I just this MINUTE scored a 5-er for $200!!! ("ovnifx" is my buying ID on ebay.)

We'll see, maybe it's too good to be true (I know, it usually is...) but for two bones it was worth the gamble!

...huff...puff... wheeze... gotta catch my breath here.... :D :D :D

8. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    GC in Memphis has clean Cruise 5 string USA with the 2Tek and basslines ... can probably be had for 5 bills or so ... it's black too ...

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Your profile says you are in San Francisco. The auction is in Texas, and he will not ship. Did you make a deal with him to ship it? Do you have a friend who can ship it to you?

-Mike

10. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    OTOH, in the body of the auction he says he will cover 30% of the shipping charges. I have emailed him for clarification. If it turns out he really meant that he won't ship, I'll apologise to him and reimburse him for the Ebay fees. But not without solidly trying to convince him to ship it! Heck, even if he takes it to an overpriced pack-n-ship place, I'll still be getting a good deal (assuming the bass is actually in good condition).

11. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I thought Hamer made some pretty garbagey basses (along with some high end ones, but Ive never seen one of the nice ones before)?
    Hmm.. good starting price :p

12. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Hamer USA basses are some of the finest players available. The imports are not.

13. That isn't one of the 2-Tek ones. I've played a couple of those, and they are nowhere near the quality of the 2-Tek Cruise Basses. I hope yours works out, but I would be cautious.

14. But for 2 bills it certainly is better than a Squier and comparable to a new MIM Fender 5, which really leave something to be desired for their $499 street price (the MIM not the Squier)

I think it's a great deal

15. Oh, no doubt it's a great deal. I just wanted to let him know that it isn't the same as the 2-Tek.

16. bongomania

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    Could you guys elaborate on that a little bit? I knew they were produced with either Gotoh or 2-Tek bridges, but I was not aware of any other quality differences. Also, I have to embarrasedly admit I did not know the Cruise bass came in USA and import versions, of different quality.

Oh well, at least it was cheap.

EDIT: OK, now I've done my homework, and I feel a little stupid. But again, at least it was cheap.

EDIT again: The part that makes me feel even stupider is that now I can't justify buying the USA 2-Tek one that this thread was about in the first place. Gahh... Kicking myself. I suppose I can resell the import 5-er and not lose too much on the whole deal, but... oh well.

17. $538 is a pretty good deal.

18. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Bass Central has one now for like $700.
    5 string, 2-Tek, Basslines.
    Check the used page.