1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

somebody willing to study slap?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Palomo, Jan 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Palomo

Palomo

Jun 16, 2017
    Venezuela
    i've recently started to remember what i've learned about slap but im looking for someone for stuying with youtube and talkbass. anyone interested join the conversation for making the schedule

2. enricogaletta

enricogaletta

May 21, 2011
    Let me know what are your main goals and I will try to give you some directions ;-)

3. Palomo

Palomo

Jun 16, 2017
    Venezuela
    well im just looking for a partner for studying. maybe you could give it a try to what im studying. are you in?

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I am not currently studying slap but I would be happy to help. What are you using to lead your studies? "Slap It" by Tony Oppenheimer is often cited as the best book. I have been meaning to pick up a copy myself.

Who are you molding your technique after? There are a lot of different slap styles. I started doing it Flea style, bouncing off the strings, but I now much prefer the Victor Wooten/Marcus Miller school where you follow through with your thumb.

5. Palomo

Palomo

Jun 16, 2017
    Venezuela
    well im refreshing the licks of louis johnson im currently at 7th lick

6. Palomo

Palomo

Jun 16, 2017
    Venezuela
    like an "amp off" technique

7. enricogaletta

enricogaletta

May 21, 2011
    Well the best way is find a path and follow step by step each exercise. I suggest you to get Slap It, is still the best book to develop basic slap rules and develop your slap grooves dictionary.
    When you complete at least the 60% of the book than you can consider other books to extend the limits of your technique