1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Someone convince me not to buy this bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chimpbass, Feb 23, 2008.

1. chimpbass

chimpbass

Jan 16, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Alright. I did it. I got a job. I figured I'd have more money, more respect in the eyes of the fairer sex (more than I already get for playing bass, that is :smug:). Unfortunately, the main thing I've gained from gainful employment is a serious case of GAS. I was down at the local Music-go-Round the other day, and made the mistake of laying hands on a 6-string Warwick Corvette Standard. $1100. I want it. I mean, I really want it. Please, for the love of rent, someone convince me I should not buy this bass.

2. 6-string Warwick Corvette's have been know to spontaneously combust so i do not recomend it?

3. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Get the Double Buck instead or I'll break your kneecaps.:ninja:

4. If it's less than $1000 & has a wenge neck(pre 98/99), buy it. If not, I'll kick a picture of you in the groin if you buy it. You'll need to PM me a pic, of course. Hope this helps. :)

5. The one I had was a bit defective; it never burst into flames but it was SMOKIN'. :D

6. bwsailer79

bwsailer79

Aug 5, 2005
    Laurel, MD
    Well, I don't know anything about the bass... but if paying the rent is an issue... that should be reason enough.

7. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    BUY IT!
    #1 rule: basses before pretty faces.

8. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Don't even think about it. The termites have probably already gotten to it.

9. its actually made of candy and will melt in your hands?

10. Warwick make their dolphin basses from real dolphins. You wouldn't support a dolphin killing company now would you?

11. no i wouldn't don't buy that bass for the love of dolphins

12. chimpbass

chimpbass

Jan 16, 2008
    Denver, CO
    "Do you ever eat dolphin-safe tuna and think maybe you're missing something?"

-Louis CK

13. marshmallow83

marshmallow83

Oct 6, 2007
    He could get the new Corvette 6er...