1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Someone needs to buy this 2X18 Cab! :)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mattpnolan, Aug 30, 2007.

1. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
  2. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Put some casters on the bottom and you've got yourself a 2 seat soap box derby car. Or better yet, grab some oars and you and a buddy can go kayaking.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I like that idea alot.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Would be GREAT for a stoner bonfire. Just toss it on.

It'll make a kick-ass crackling sound as it burns . . .

5. smurfco

smurfco Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    Oh good, it has a pole mount!

You know, for when you want to get your 450lb. 2x18" speaker cabinet up off the floor.

6. +1 for the kayaking idea, you fill it with fireworks and you got yourself a really bright stoner bonfire

7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

Or maybe for pole-mounting your smaller, lighter top cabinet??

8. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Or you could attach two toilet seats and have a side-by-side two holer.....

9. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Banned

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    :) :) :) , or have a speaker in one, and a toilet seat in the other! Or, add casters and "Go" on the move. The possibilities are endless.

10. MikeyD

MikeyD

Sep 9, 2000
    If the frequencies are low enough - and amplitude high enough - this has the potential of becoming the greatest non-medicinal constipation remedy ever invented. Entrepreneurs please consider a 3% royalty for using this idea.

11. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland

:D :D :D :D :D

12. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    Put some good speakers in it, and you have some taint-tickling goodness there. And don't even get me started on the brown note potential.

13. in iraq the yanks were playing metallica to scare them why not put them inside the cabinet with the speakers in it then put it onstage ina metal gig and crank the volume?

14. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    That was cool, I was there at the very beginning, and I will always have fond memories of going into Iraq with a giant PA Hummer blaring AC/DC

15. mattpnolan

mattpnolan Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2005
    New Jersey
    What?! I'm not trying to derail the thread, but since I created it, I don't feel as bad...:smug:

Anyway, what was the point of blaring music to scare people? Plus, there are a lot scarier things than Metallica and AC/DC. ;)

16. oh yes...

Dawn featuring Tony Orlando - Tie a Yellow Ribbon...

17. Warr Tapper

Warr Tapper Banned

Sep 17, 2006
    Work
    So that's the great U.S. strategy? Scare them with Ac/DC. Why not paste a giant picture of Clint Howard on the hummers. That will scare anyone out of town.

18. olaff421

olaff421

Sep 29, 2006
    Murfreesboro TN
    Disclaimer: I'm not trying to say anything bad about Americans or get a political debate going.

Since Americans are usually pretty gunho about American made stuff, especially about the military, then why are they using AC/DC? Wouldn't some American 'scary' music send a better more scary message?

19. Hookus

Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    It is not to scare them, so much as rally the Marines. Now I'll tell you, Marine infantry can fight, but hop them up on some hard rock and heavy metal, they feel invincible. It's a morale booster, man.

Combat sucks, it sucks a lot less with a soundtrack.