Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

someone on here was very mean to me!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by furiously funky, Aug 29, 2003.

1. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    when i checked out my bands web site, i looked at the guest book, and saw this.

“just wanted to reply to ol' Ryan on a personal level, regarding the Benavente thread he posted. Just a word of advice sweety, b4 u go making judgement calls on something u know nothing about, you might want to research it b4 you open your mouth! by the way I listened to your band, and in my opionion, I couldn't stand it, but others may love it....”

i dont know what this persons problem was, why they took this rout, or why they thought i was ryan. (it says the bass player is marty in the band page). so now ryan s feelings are also hurt. or why they needed to be so condescending what did this do that a PM or an e mail wouldnt? it is vandalism and was the wrong thing to do! and the person didnt even attach a name this was the action of a coward having a temper tantrum because they took something small i said (not even directed at anyone) personally. i said i thought that benavente basses looked like fodera ripp offs (not all of them) and this post was featuring an older benavente, so added that it seems as though benavente ripped off smiths before fodera. i believe this statement to be true. maybe insensitive, but the similarity was striking. anyway, wrong think to do whoever did it, and very cowardly way to deal with it. didnt solve anything, just inflamed the problem.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Are you seriously getting worked up over someone that types

u instead of you and b4 instead of before?

:rolleyes: ;)

that's a stinker, I don't know what to say, I personally wouldn't get upset, no reason to, people can have their opinions, chances are what he wrote about your band isn't even true, he's just saying that because he disagreed with you somewhere else.

3. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    yah i did consider the source, but its the fact that they chose this path, and hit below the belt at the band, on the band guest book when a PM would have done the same thing only actually gotten my attention, and only MY attention, and wouldn’t have mucked up the band site. but then i would have known who it was from, THEN I COULD BLOCK EM':D :spit:

4. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Grain of salt my friend. If they dont have the sack to leave their name, it was a BS dig and should be dismissed as such.

Mike

5. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Find out the IP address of the poster in the message book then email Paul with it asking if it matches any TB members. If so, Bobs yer uncle, you've got yer crook ;)

6. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    is paul even alowed to do that:confused:

and that would be to much work on both your ends just to get back at some jack&$$

7. Yeah you get that. In one band i guy wrote out the entire Jesus of Nazareth story in our guestbook. Took up pages and pages. Simply because we were a metal band he assumed Satan or something. :rolleyes:

It took me 3 minutes to delete, and him probably about an hour to type. Idiot.

:D:D

Merls

8. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    Toronto
    or he could have cut and pasted it! :p
    i understand your point,
    i don’t know what i should do. i'm going to see if i can get Paul to help out like yoshi said. how do i find out an IP address? (I’m a techno peasant)

9. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    My advice, let it go. This twit took a cheap shot and ran. If it happens agaim however.....

Mike

10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    you are giving him more power

11. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    Man, I've learned from my band (we had some bitter fights with another local band last fall) that you sometimes have to roll with the punches, especially if they don't leave a name.

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    1.) it wasn't me

2.) Sorry for the cheap shot

3.) I really doubt Paul will or should hand over someones personal info because some stated
    What could you possibly gain by know which TBer it was? What damages have you incured by this mildly negative statement?

4.) If you've got issues with the source of Chris Benavente's creative ideas PM or email HIM... don't take a blind shot at his work in a thread on some BBS.

5.) Most all of the Benavente camp rolled their eyes and chuckled at your childish little Smith rip dig.... you're a funny kid.

6.) I listened to 2 of your bands tunes... I give credit to any band with balls enough to cover Neil Diamond, good choice.

13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    hell i am the one who said your comment was lame and tired.

i dount have the time or the want to go t yur bands website much less write someting. you can ask my 2 week old daughter how much time daddy has had lately.

if someting that small hurts your feelings ya might wanna toughen up

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    You said, " i believe this statement to be true. maybe insensitive...". They've got just as much right to make their statement if they feel it to be true as you do. And it's not vandalism to post thoughts in an online guestbook, as you leave it open to for people to write whatever they want.

15. I'm sure if I had a band website I'd get heeps of "Jon Sucks" hate mail and such...

Just let it go out of the other ear and move on.

The person wants you to act this way. So basically...making a big deal about it is letting him win
    :meh:

Jerk

16. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    That implies your feelings were hurt...

So what?! What about the fact that you accused someone of stealing someone's elses idea(Benavente ripping off Fodera). I would say that is a much more hurtful statement, I am sure Chris is not hurt, but c'mon...and..how can you say your statement wasn't directed toward anyone?! It was.

:meh:

So, I guess its OK to insult Benavente's, but its not OK to insult your band.

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Geeze grow a set. If that was the worst thing anyone ever said to me, I'd be a happy man. When you have a guestbook, you risk people putting negative things on it. It goes with the territory.

18. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    hmm..makes sense to me.....
    and no, it wasn't me, either-

19. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Sticks and stones...

20. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Guestbook posts are real easy to delete. Also I agree if the person didn't have the stones to post his name, his comments are about as valuable as sh... umm poop. Wipe, flush and get on with your life.:D