1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Someone please help me identify this preamp!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by wolfkeller, Feb 20, 2020.

1. wolfkeller

wolfkeller Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2013
    detroit
    Check out the yellow faced preamp in this picture from around 09-10 the first person to positively identify this and prove it I will send $20 via PayPal. The original picture can be found here

Wolf Hoffmann, ACCEPT, Behind the Scenes Screenshot_20191010-214808_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191010-214808_Chrome.jpg

2. grouse789

grouse789 Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Westchester NY
    looks like a preamp from an existing amp? there are no ears on it. the marks around the dials remind me of the old company "Tube Works" however they didn't make any yellow amps.

wolfkeller likes this.
  3. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    Heat sinks on the back suggests that it’s a amp imo

bassbrad likes this.
  4. I tend to agree with @Rooster009 that we could be looking at an amp chassis from a combo amp. Then again some rack Preamps did have heat sinks, the lack of rack ears, yellow tape front and top lead me to guess that this may have been a working prototype that made it into the wild.

5. wolfkeller

Aug 11, 2013
    detroit
    Good observations

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    It does look like a prototype or custom one-off. Have you tried emailing Gaby and having them ask Wolf?

7. wolfkeller

Aug 11, 2013
    detroit
    Do you have an email for her? I'd ask peter baltes but he seems to have no online presence

8. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021