Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Someone please post BP review on Toby Pro 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Luis Fabara, Sep 10, 2000.

1. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Please, can someone post the Review on the Tobias Toby PRO 5 that was printed in the August 00" Bass Player Magazine???
    I dont live in the US, so i have no access to the magazine, but I really want to read the review on that bass.
    Thanks

2. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    It is probably available at bassplayer.com

If not, if you want, email me either your address or a fax number and I will get a photo-copy to you, either snail or fax.

Steve

3. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Thanks, but I dont think you wanna fax to Ecuador, it is a little expensive. But anyway.. here it is *********

:D

[Edited by gmstudio99 on 09-11-2000 at 08:30 AM]

4. gmstudio99

gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    ifabara...for everyone's safety, I've removed the fax number from your post...if you want SMG to have it, email it to him...his email is activated. Thanks!

-GM

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

The whole review can be summed up in 4 words anyway - "in this price range" (ITPR). Basically they tell you nothing except that it's good but ITPR - all the way through.They point out loads of problems, but say ITPR. I take it that they don't want to say anything bad as MusicYo are a big advertiser, but they hate it. So they keep saying ITPR! :rolleyes:

My translation of ITPR would be "we hate it, but it's so cheap we can't criticise it".

6. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Really?
    I have read some comments on it, and everyone says its very good.

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

But "In This Price Range". :rolleyes: