Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Someone Stole My Fuse!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big Benner, Aug 7, 2004.

1. I'm sure of it!

I had a gig last Friday, we were the first band out of 4. I played, then took down all my gear and set my unracked, open SWR SM 900 on the back far left side of the stage, out of the way with the amp turned around on the speaker. I wanted the amp to cool off before I put it in the Samsonite suitcase I use for transporting it.

When the night was over, I placed it in the suitcase and took it home. Yesterday, I go to set it up again at rehearsal and find that the power fuse & CAP are missing! The local music store wants me to order from SWR, 6 - 8 weeks. A trip to A-ONE electronics has me sifting through boxes and voila, a new fuse and used cap for $3.50. Slap it back in, power it back on and were ready to rock.

BUT MAN!!! I might have been screwed for awhile.

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Wow does that suck!! It's a good thing you found what you needed at the parts bin. I guess backup heads aren't such a bad idea after all huh?

3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Guess you can't put a penny in that one. :)

4. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    You shouldn't be surprised about this incident. I hear the black market for used bass amp fuses has really taken off in the last few years.