Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Someone stoleded my amp...!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My school and two other schools played a tune with the Dallas Brass last night...

We went to the convention center at 1130 to do a rehearsal, so I left my amp there...

Apparently, they requested a bass amp, and a school had brought one for them, but the dallas brass couldn't find it.. so since mine was onstage, they figured that must be it, and took it and moved it... and re eq'd it... and gah.

It was for their Tuba player when they did some jazz stuff...

But ya, it was cool, I just had to rush myself up on stage before we went on and readjust everything...

a great experience...

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    You actually left your amp unsupervised :eek: Don't you know amps can get in alot of trouble when left on their own. Maybe even taken or killed............................................................:D

Really though, I never leave my rig were someone else can mess with it. Its a lesson I learned a long time ago!

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I can't believe you said "stoleded" . . . that made my day . . .

4. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV

An amp can't be killed.

It was Murdered!

I get real paranoid about using other peoples gear or them using mine, but it's usually the only chance I get to play different equiptment.

5. Well, at least they didn't actually leave with it or something.