1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

someone tell me I must have been dreaming...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madfiddler, Apr 4, 2006.

1. just been looking at a cort bass, not played it just noticed the eye catching birds eye maple finish, thought it looked nice, but don't really know anything about cort basses -

I think it was a gbmp-3, the one on the right here
    http://www.cort.com/basses/mp/index.html

thing is it was reduced from 499 GBP to 298 GBP!!!....but that seems rediculous baring in mind the mrp on the cort web site!

so can someone tell me what they think of this model if anyone has ever played one and should I run back to the store and buy it now as it is such a bargain?!?!?!

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    If you weren't dreaming you've got one hellava deal there!

3. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    get it ! get it! get it ! and if you dilike it, sell it to me!

4. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    The bass you are looking at is probably a model (possibly discontinued) in this line.... I think it was one of the gb99 models...

http://www.cort.com/basses/gb_series/index.html.

there used to be 2 "99" models with fancy tops, one of which looked almost exactly like the one in the masterpiece series that you found online. How does it sound? If it sounds good, 290 gp is like 550 usd right? That's proabably not to ofar off from what it sold for originally, but based on the features it's probably a pretty good deal.

5. I may have to go back and give it a closer look

it definitely had two mightymite alnico jazz pickups though - I think that would suggest its not a masterpiece series bass, but it seems different to the current gb series also. It had a matching bird's eye maple top on the headstock...

6. triclops you earn today's brownie points! it did indeed turn out to be a gb99 model, it looked pretty nice too.

as I said though not the same pickups as in the current gb models, this gb99 had two mightymite jazz pickups
    it was 299 GBP whihc is about 525 USD so not a bad price I think

...however decided to save my pennies as I have serious GAS for a Ric 4003!....if it had been a materpiece series at that price obviously I would have snapped it up!

cheers all :hyper: