someone to install trem...and what about those Hipshot units?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EdenSmith, May 12, 2003.

1. EdenSmith

EdenSmith Guest

I've got a bass that I'd like to put a trem in. Looking for someone with experience (alot) doing this - it's not a cheap bass. Suggestions?
    Also, anyone use one of those new trems from Hipshot? Any good? Or would I be better finding a Kahler (I know of a bass I could pick up dirt cheap with one on it).
    Thanks for any help...
  2. EdenSmith

EdenSmith Guest

I guess no one here has tried a Hipshot yet, I take it? OK, maybe I'll be the first...but I still don't know of anyone to do the routing.....
  3. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    My new custom Sei Bass that's in the works at the moment will have one of the new Hipshot trems on it... by all accounts, they are pretty damn good. But if you can get hold of a Kahler, go for it, they're very good systems as well (I've had 2 basses with them on in the past). They're smooth and keep their tuning well.

Russ :bassist:
  4. fbauer1

Apr 12, 2003
    Cologne, germany
  5. Jon Maghini

Jon Maghini Commercial User

Aug 15, 2002
    USA Terryville CT.
    Owner / Builder M Basses
    Here is a picture of a Fender with the Vibrotec Double Whammy trem, I haven't finished the set up so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet..
    It was no different than installing a trem in a strat, and I think the new hipshot uses a similar rout...
  6. Beh, I'm not a big fan of that double trem thingy, I think it would be too much of a pain. I'd perfer a trem with one bar for all the strings. Like a Kahler, or one of them Hipshot ones
  7. fbauer1

Apr 12, 2003
    Cologne, germany