Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Someone Wake up a Moderator!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassWizard55, Jan 25, 2003.

1. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    There is some serious crap going on in the Bassists and Basses forums.

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Never fear, Paul is here :D

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    17 1/2 cheers for Paul! YAY!
    :D

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I feel that I need to explain my actions-

I do want to apoligize for my actions in the thread about the bass that got stolen. It was definitely the worst spot of troll infestation.

I continuously egged them on and argued back with them. But I didn't just do it for the fun of it. It made sense to me. In my eyes, I was keeping them occupied in that one thread, and was trying to keep them from spreading their filth to other threads. I did notice that as soon as that thread was closed, others sprang up.

I was just trying to keep it as clean as possible. I was just trying to help. Sorry.

Nick

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    he got the urgent beeper message and logged in at the nearest Kinko's

7. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thanx for the heads up BassWizard55!

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    phhhhhft... mods. You mean they actually do something?

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

That's what I get for gigging!"

At least I got paid for the show! PBass comin' my way in a couple 'o' months. I'll post pics. :cool:

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I missed all the fun. Cool that Paul was online, I just wish that I saw his face when he realized he was banned within about twenty seconds of starting his crap. That must've been priceless.

11. Can I ask what happened? Can I find anything? Lemme look, I want all the gory details....:D

12. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Man... I miss everything.. :(... oh well.. must not have been anything too special if its all gone now.

13. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    That was the problem.

It seemed to have started in the stolen MTD thread in "basses", and it went on for several hours because JT, Ryan and I were all offline. When I logged in, I had about 30 thread reports waiting. I closed the thread, PM'ed Paul to schedule a lynching and started cleaning up the mess. This forced the perps into other threads in "basses" and elsewhere just like stepping on a tube of toothpaste. Luckily, Paul rode in about then and solved the problem. Two double-taps.

It was a little exciting there for awhile...

14. Is Washburn banned? Someone said that he could have just left himself logged in and someone else could have done all of that, which would make sense because he had over 500 posts already so you wouldnt think he would pull something like that.

15. Jay

Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    My sincerest apologies for the leg of the troll attack that managed to rage in Bassists. I was gone for the weekend, playing at a party. I came back and found my inbox flooded with reported posts. I am glad that it's all over.

It's good to know that when mods need help, the omniscient Paul is there to save the day! Thumbs up!

16. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ohhhh am I ever a nosey boy. Come on...let me have, what happend? :D

17. Just a couple of trolls spewing all manner of filth, posting some distasteful pics, threatening to beat other members up (especially me :D) and just being general nuisances.

I normally don't participate in troll-a-thons, but I couldn't resist last night for some reason. :D
    Sorry if I caused any unrest.
    A shame about the MTD, though.

18. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    They were after me more than you. They made a whole new about me :eek: It made me feel special :D

And that was my first troll-a-thon, and it was kinda fun.

Telling the drummer jokes about them was particularly fun :D

19. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    troll attacks are fun in small dozes a year

20. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I missed the last one where all of those threads got major bumpage, so this was actually my first troll attack so far.

I have passed into manhood :D