1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

someone who does good setups in NYC?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by quadrogong, Aug 8, 2007.

1. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    go to Lisa at sadowsky, she rules..if u call, u can deliver your bass and she'll do it after her hours at sadowsky. She's precise to the mm.. very,very efficient,reasonable(for her quality of work,IMO)
    but if it isn't a sadowsky bass, she has to do it after work.takes 1 day.
    i love her work,she'll smooth out sharp fret edges,without u asking,stuff like that..

2. BellBottomBlues

BellBottomBlues

Feb 21, 2007
    New York
    Endorser:Fender User:Rotosound, LaBella, Ashdown, Lindy Fralin
    +1 on these guys too

3. Hoover

Hoover Banned

Nov 2, 2007
    New York City
    I've never used Evan personally either, but two separate friends have recommended him very highly, so I keep meaning to try him out...though fortunately I haven't had the need for a guitar tech in years!

4. Darylw425

Darylw425

Mar 16, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Founder: BassBrites USA
    I used Evan once - he came highly recomended and did a great job on my ABG. Very considerate and great guy to deal with as well. I would definitely recommend him.

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Peekamoose does good work. They have a plek machine too.

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

When I lived in NY, this is where I always went! And I used to travel all the way from Peekskill, NY!

7. andergtr

andergtr

Nov 15, 2005
    manhattan, NY
    al, if you're talking about me, i highly recommend norio. he's the ONLY guy i trust to work on my tyler, my five andersons, my suhr, my grosh, and the other stuff i've got lying around. no one is nearly as good as him in the city. i mean, if you're talking about someone to change pickups or replace a switch, there are plenty of guys who can do that. but if you want something as personal as setup, then norio's the man. two guys in the city using norio are oz noy and mike stern. i think scofield uses him when he's in town, and i know that the stones, the crowes, and john mayer all use him.

back in LA, i use bruce nelson, who works at tom anderson. bruce is the guy that tom recommends, so that's who i use. i heard pete skermetta from tyler is pretty good, as well--he works out of LA sound design.

now...if i could only find a good amp tech in manhattan on the same level as norio and bruce...

john ou

8. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    peekamoose=expensive though..
    for those rates,i'd go to norio or sadowsky's people, for cheap rates, ritchie baxt.