Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Something about My new fender bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B_assman, Jul 26, 2004.

1. B_assman

B_assman

Jul 26, 2004
    I recently received a Fender precision bass guitar from my friend for free. (yes, for FREE). It looked pretty old and beat up when i got it but the bass didn look like an ordinary one. As i played it more and more i grew to like how it sounds.

HEre are some of its features.
    -First of all the back emblem said Fender Elite, but i dont know what that means, as of the guitar model.
    -Plus, the pick ups were rather unique. (chek the pix). I've not seen such pickups b4. But again, i dont know what that explains about the bass. Are they just old school pickups or are these kind of pickups different in performance?
    [The middle knob was missing when i got the guitar]

I just enjoy to play the bass but i dont know much about them. I would appreciate it if u would post ur own opinions on the bass after the checkin the pix. (maybe even a estimated price, value, or year)
    Thank you.

Bass(front)
    Bass(back)
    Pick-ups1
    Pick-ups2
    Neck(front)
    Neck(back)
    Fender Emblem

2. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Dude, you've got a great bass there! that is a precision elite bass, they where made around 82,83 the same time precision special's (which I got) where made. they are active basses and DO have a collectability factor to them (being the limited amout made). You friend is a gem!

3. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I'm not sure, but I think the pickups in your bass are called 'Lace-Sensors'. I agree w/ pyrohr, the bass may have some collector's value. I remember the ads for it in Guitar Player Mag, back in the early 80's, but I never saw this model in the flesh. I suggest that you do a web search to find out when the bass was built and how many were produced. Even if it's not a collector's item, you got a fantastic bass for the best possible price-Free!

Everyone should have friends like yours, you lucky bastage! :D

-A.P.

4. I really like that bass. Get some knobs and put on it.

Gary

5. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Those were never my cup of tea, but I've got to say that you did get something nice. Congrats.