1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Something doesn't add up ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Green Knight, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Green Knight

Green Knight Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2016
    I bought this bass at a local Traders. The tag said Warwick Streamer Std, 2001, German.
    It looks like a German Streamer from that year, right down to the one-piece bridge and the "W" on the headstock.
    The serial number, however, says C-104834-04. Not only does the Warwick website not recognize the number, the date -- 2004 -- is after they stopped making these with the one-piece bridge. Is something fishy going on?
    Amazingly, I found this inconclusive thread from this very forum concerning the same instrument! Questions about Warwick Streamers. Any ideas?
    IMG_7698.JPG

2. Make sure you're entering the serial number correctly. (I misread the serial # on my Warwick and couldn't get the info)

3. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    I had a four-string just like that. Ovangkol ( I believe) neck, wenge fretboard, some kinda lightweight pine body, MEC pickups, one-piece bridge. Same all around, just a four-string version. The truss rod cover said Streamer STD.

Wait... just remembered it was a SINGLE pickup.

4. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Was gonna say, it's the 'Rockbass' budget version. Well, the earlier version before they went to the 2 piece bridge.

6. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Wrong. The first Streamer Standard basses (made in germany) had a one piece W bridge. I had an early '00s *(bought it back in '02/'03) 5 string german streamer standard bass in violin honey (the two pup version, four piece ovanglol neck, wenge fingerboard, two piece carolena body). Later they discontinued the streamer std (MIG) model and introduced the chinese Rockbass basses.

[EDIT]Here is the '01-'02 Warwick catalog and you can see the first (german) version of the Streamer Standard model:

IMG_20170129_134808.

IMG_20170129_134347.

IMG_20170129_134515.
    [/EDIT]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    TolerancEJ likes this.
  7. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Yep. The one I had was the blue one pictured (only black).

In it's "stock" form, I thought it sounded like a Ric.
    I parted this one out, still have the neck attached to a body I built. It's a very stable, solid neck!

8. MemphisLowEnd

MemphisLowEnd Battery powered.....about a thousand hours.

Jan 23, 2016
    Memphis, TN
    I have this model in a 5 string with the single pick-up. They listed at $999...... The pick-ups were passive. I mod'ed mine out and added Bartolini electronics and a bad ass bridge. I also sanded out the dings and painted it a really nice silver. I'll post some pics when I get home. Turned out to be a good mod.

9. MemphisLowEnd

MemphisLowEnd Battery powered.....about a thousand hours.

Jan 23, 2016
    Memphis, TN
    Here are those pics. Moved the jack to the side and added another pot for the Bartolini active.

Attached Files: