Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Something finally clicked

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by tufnuts, Apr 14, 2002.

1. ...And I'm not talking about my fieldy impersonation:)

Ha. Oh well. Topic...right

Today was the day that I learned some actual two hand tapping! I'm actually kinda stoked. I've never had much success coming up with something on my own, or playing along to something else.

I just felt like trying DMV one more time (after a bunch of failures), and something just clicked on! I was able to get the gist of the main part. Doesn't sound perfect, but I don't wanna learn how to play the song, just the technique.

So I went on from that to trying to come up with something that works. So I built something up that alternates notes on a major scale. A 1/2, 3/5, 4/4 pattern. And then I was able to move positions (after 30 minutes). And have got it to where I can shakily run a scale down the neck starting at high A on the E. Duh, I know big deal. But it is to me. I've just never had that wire plugged in right. Musta been the heat today. Dunno.

But I'm pumped. Another door is opened hopefully.

Cool.

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    When your mind is free and opened to a new view or tech of music.... it feels very enlighting, or,,,,"Stoked" as you said. feels gooooooooooodddddd........ I'm pumped your pumped man.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    thats exactly how I started to double slap. or learning it anyway. After being frustrated for a long time with it, I just sat down one day, it started working.. Granted at the time it was really rough, but I sure was excited :). congrats on your new discovery

4. Thanks guys :)