1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Something "funny" happened, tonight...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marc DLarosa, Jan 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc DLarosa

Marc DLarosa Supporting Member

May 29, 2017
    This Moniker, Found Me... It RULES!!! The Aria... has been My #1Mid scale, for over 20 years. I own too many basses (is there such a thing?), and... love them ALL.

But... I think that, I have My answer. Just need a bit of help...
    Just wanna KNOW, which would You keep?

I don't wanna hear... "BOTH." Because... I want REAL, educated, answers.

Yes, it IS possible to have TOO MANY basses, and LOVE them all... 20180117_221937.

ONE, is gonna GO...

Thank You.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Keep the one with 2 pickups and the switches.

hsech likes this.
  3. Marc DLarosa

May 29, 2017
    Why?

Just curious.

4. Stumbo

Feb 11, 2008
    More tone choices. It looks similar to an older Ibanez.

5. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz

May 26, 2010
    Thats funny, because that means he'll be getting rid of the one he just bought!

twinjet and Stumbo like this.
  6. Stumbo

Feb 11, 2008
    Didn't see the NBD thread. :)

7. Marc DLarosa

May 29, 2017
    Right?
    But.... Never thought of it, next to My ARIA, which RULES. Guess I'll just, keep them BOTH, so You can keep drooling, instead of playing...

8. Marc DLarosa

May 29, 2017
    Oh... did I say "drooling?"
    I meant, "trolling."

Go play your bass...

9. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz

May 26, 2010
    Go buy another one!

I practiced more walking bass lines and what not, watched a few videos about walking baselines, and started falling asleep watching them.

I'm not even trolling, but you seem to be the first person who ever trolled himself, so yeah, you're right. Something funny did happen tonight. You trolled yourself.

twinjet likes this.
  10. Marc DLarosa

May 29, 2017
    I'm new here. How do I delete a "thread?"

11. Marc DLarosa

May 29, 2017
    That's what I do.
    I can't put 100 dollar bills, into my toys...
    And, I'm tired of tripping over them.

12. twinjet

twinjet GE90-equipped Moderator Staff Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I'd keep the Aria and wouldn't have bought the Moniker. It looks like a solid player. But if the Moniker is right for you... Well, it's decision time.

Marc DLarosa likes this.
  13. Marc DLarosa

May 29, 2017
    Agreed. Easy decision.

Thank you.

twinjet likes this.
  14. Marc DLarosa

May 29, 2017
    Although... Vinnie, may have some sort of "agro", "jealous", stoopid remark, to add.
    You there?
    Waiting on You...

15. twinjet

Sep 23, 2008
    Additionally, you may send this link to any moderator, preferably those which manage the forum you are in.

At the top of each forum list is a "Moderator List". In this case, @smperry and @Bryan R. Tyler are the guys to talk with about "Basses" moderation. They can delete/lock your threads, which is a power us mortals cannot ever hope to acquire, except by means of apotheosis.
    thor.

16. I think , since the thread is new, you can go to "Thread Tools" at the top right of your first post and delete there.

If i remember correctly.

17. Marc DLarosa

May 29, 2017
    Thank You. Gonna try, NOW.

18. Marc DLarosa

May 29, 2017
    Thank You.

19. Vinnie Boombatz

Vinnie Boombatz

May 26, 2010
    Why worry about what I have to say? Wait, you apparently DO really worry about what I have to say. I just find it humorous that you'd buy a bass, then immediately post a thread asking if you should get rid of it, and I'm not the only one who apparently found that funny and ironic, then get miffed when someone on an Internet forum thinks that it's pretty funny. You've gone out of your way in more than one thread now about how much I get under your skin, and you've already trolled yourself in your own thread. Sounds like you're your own worst enemy.

And I love how you keep trying to insult me about my playing, or accusing me of not even playing, or not even owning a bass. Also, I have no reason to be jealous of you, even if you think I may be. You're the guy who keeps bragging about the 30+ basses he has but haven't mentioned anything about actually playing them, but that's cool with me. All of us are here for different reasons. Last year I had amassed around 20 guitars and quite a few vintage Fender amps, a nice vintage Sho-Bud pedal steel and some other really nice instruments that I had acquired over the years, and really got to the point where I thought it was a bit ridiculous, so I sold most of it for a really nice chunk of change and no regrets at all. So if you think I'm jealous of your "collection" I'm sorry to say I've been there, done that, and have no desire to be there again. It's liberating and refreshing to have a few key instruments that I love to play.

Some guys tinker, some guys are collectors, others play professionally, others play for fun, others are just learning while others have been around the block. I'd never criticize anyone for doing any of those things. But I will crack on people for other things in a very sarcastic, tongue in cheek way, and if it's funny, I'll even laugh if someone cracks on me about something. But you seem to get so miffed by ANYTHING I type, and I'll admit, that's pretty darn funny.

Since you said you're new here (been a member since May 2017 though, right? So I'd say you've had some time to get your feet wet, but hey, we all learn at different speeds), Ill give you a bit of advice, get a thicker skin, don't take things so seriously, and/or just stop replying to me. If I bug you THAT much, why do you bother continuously replying, because you already know that I'll have some follow-up that's going to get you seething?! There is an ignore button, you know?

20. twinjet

Sep 23, 2008
    If anyone is bothering you, for any reason, just click on their profile name and you should see options. Choose ignore and you're done. Usually a much smarter idea than going into a war of words.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.