1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Something Good about Detroit!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Apr 17, 2006.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    The Detroit Pistons and Red Wings have put the city in a unique position. This is the first time in the History of Hockey and Basketball that one city has had the teams with the seasonal best record in both sports. It's going to be nice having two parades downtown this June!:D

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    So, if neither team actually wins the championship, will you call it the "E for Effort" parade? ;)

3. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Let me put it to you this way son, I don't think the Pistons are actually fearing the bucks in the playoffs:p

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Parades going through downtown Detroit? I hope they have some serious security for THAT one. We sure won't be attending.

Sincerely,
    The Citizens of Baghdad

ps - We got robbed on that quality of living survey!

bc

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Your jabs roll off me like water on a freshly-waxed Volkswagen - not only am I not a Bucks fan (I'm a displaced Chicagoan), but I don't even care about basketball! :D

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Yep...two championships in Detroit this Summer! (i'm a big Wings fan, and watch the Pistons with interest, even though when I followed basketball, I was a Celtics fan) , plus the Tigers beat the Indians yesterday. Life is good. Of course, I hate the Lions, so I'm NOT a Detroit homer!

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Doubtful.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I hope they finsh those building projects so the people will have a nice environment to riot! :D

9. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Actually the last couple of Parades had over a million people downtown and their were no riots. Of course you wouldn't know, it's been a long time since an Atlanta Hawks championship parade. And even when we did riot we didn't KILL anyone, like Boston. As far as safety in Detroit most people who get shot are shot by a relative or acquaintance, so the key to safety in the city is don't marry any Detroit women. :D

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    If I was a Hawks fan, I'd be hurt, but alas.........:smug: