1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Something I Haven't Done Before Musically: Part II

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kelly Lee, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    As some may remember I got the chance to do the music score for an instructional DVD a while back. (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280512) Well, I have been called upon to do the second DVD in the series! :hyper: I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me out a little this time around.

The music, once again, must have that cowboy/western feel. I have no real experience with this genre of music other than the previous DVD and I played sparingly on it.

So, can anyone give me any tips, chords, use of effects, etc. to help me get some ideas? Mainly something that will get the old creative juices flowing. Thanks.

Kelly

2. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Simple chords. Check out some of the scores to Westerns by Ennio Morricone. Long 'sweeping' kinds of melody work well too.... Aaron Copland's music is great for this.