1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Something interesting at Rondo Music for the SX five string players...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Big Hoss, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

You know that awful Ursa pointy headstock most people fuss about? Well, Rondo and SX have you covered!

Replacement neck with the swoosh headstocks are now in it loos like... Might just have to grab one!

SX Bass Neck Ursa 2 MN 5 String - RondoMusic.com

Only way I could be happier is if they had this fretless...
    ursa2mn5neck2.

2. Big Hoss

Big Hoss Up note, down note, blue note, brown note...

bholder likes this.
  3. JKos

JKos

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    I see that it says, "Designed for 34" scale SX Ursa 2 and SJB basses and will fit some other brands." Do these fit a standard Fender neck pocket?

- John

4. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Halethorpe, MD
    That fretless in post #2 is a really good looking neck; straight tight grain with no run out to speak of.

A standard 4 string Fender pocket is 2 1/2 inches wide, so are the the Rondo 4 string necks. They will fit.

The rondo 5 string neck is 2 5/8 - 2 3/4 inches wide, other wise the dimensions are correct. The Fender 5 string neck pockets from Warmoth are all 74 mm (2.9 inches) so the Rondo neck (2.625 - 2.75 inches) will fit but will be a little sloppy.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    EpicSoundtracks likes this.
  5. EpicSoundtracks

EpicSoundtracks Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Oakland, CA
    Lollar Pickups, Dunlop Strings
    Hmm, the 4-string fretless version is tempting. Are these necks demonstrably better than the Chinese necks sold as Kmise et al?

6. Iamgoodformetal

Iamgoodformetal

Apr 13, 2014
    I have directly compared SX and Fender 4 string necks. The width is the same, but the SX was longer (.5-.75") so intonation would be sketchy, if possible, and the pickups would move in relation. I would be surprised if the fivers fit, but you never know. Nice to see the swoosh back.

EpicSoundtracks likes this.