Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Something is terribly wrong with this Rickenbacker!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trevorus, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
  2. And yet the inlays and headstock are in the right hand orientation... :confused:

3. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    its a lefty body on a righty neck?

4. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Where you guys been? Not Ric fans I guess. Ric basses are neck-thru, the neck runs all the way thru the bass to the end, left and right body halves are glued to this. Lefty basses still used righty necks with upside-down nameplate up till 1990 or so, when they started making them with mirrored headstock but still have righty inlays.
    Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

5. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    First that Ric thread, now in here...you're just lookin for any excuse, eh, Bassman?:p

6. Shearstown

Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005

As lefty and hopefully future owner of a Rickenbacker. You sir, amaze me.

7. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Hey, I think they're purty. :smug:

[​IMG]

8. Shearstown

Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    So you buy lefty rics and string them RIGHT HANDED?!?!

So that's where they all went.

I demand you send me one to pay for ths crime...

9. yea?? i mean a righty but why do you do that?

anyway, i'm sure the left ones sound just find with righty necks, or at least i hope so for all you lefties sakes.

10. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Uhhh...I don't understand your problem, I'm a lefty, learned on a righty played upside-down with the E on the bottom. What's it to you?

11. Shearstown

Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    It was just a joke. Thought you were a Righty player who owned all the lefty Rics. Then jokingly told you to send me one for your "crime" As lefty Rics besides Jet Glo are hard for me to find round here. To offense intended.

12. Holmann

Holmann

Dec 23, 2005
    Ashland, WI
    I had a rick in for repair a few months ago that I think was supposed to be a lefty. Lefty body, righty neck- headstock drilled for five strings (originally, I think, unless someone took the time to replicate a rick finish flawlwssly, which seems unlikely given the hack repairs on the rest of it), then converted (back?) to four (four string neck width), position markers in the wrong spots ( drilled out & poorly filled with who knows what). A trio of blade-type guitar pickups of indeterminate lineage, three pots (of which only one was connected to anything). It was in for a fretless conversion, wouldn't you know the frets were epoxied in place, which I of course discovered after quoting the job. Sounded great, though. go figure. Should have taken a pic.