Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Something I've always noticed

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Selta, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Okay, well, I've been noticing that big bands really don't take care of their guitars/basses/drums as much as us small ones do. I mean, they still look nice, but you can see alot of dings and chips, etc. etc. on their equip. Is this 'cos they have so much moola, or do they just really not care as much as we do?
    Ray

2. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I would think its because they are constantly gig'ing and using and abusing their equipment. Could be they just dont care either, or tehy are using a vintage guitar or bass.

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Gigging on a small level puts a lot of wear on equipment, so I'm sure that doing it on a large level is really going to put wear and tear on gear. Espcially considering, it's usually not the owner of the instrument who is handling it most of the time.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Yeah, I never looked at it from those aspects. Espically the one that they don't handle it that much. You'd think though that they'd want it kept as nice as possible for each show, right?

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    big bands=big amounts of money
    small bands= small amounts of money

6. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Exactly. Hell, i know I'd feel alot easier w/ my guitars if i knew i could just go and pull change outa my pocket for a brandnew one

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The gear sees a lot of miles, and in those miles, you tend to get comfortable with the instrument, looks be damned.