1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Something loose inside my GK combo...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by southpaw420, Apr 9, 2011.

1. southpaw420

southpaw420

Aug 25, 2007
    Just noticed the other day. I was moving my GK MB115 combo to the car the other night when I heard something clinking around inside. The amp is still working fine, just wondering if this could possibly lead to some kind of electrical hazard. I really dont want to have to ship it back and use the warranty. Im going to need it for a gig in about two weeks and Im not sure how long the shipping/warranty process will take. Has this happened to any of you guys?

2. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    hasn't happened to me... can you shake whatever it is out of the bass port? if you're handy with a screwdriver you could try taking the cab apart to see what's loose inside, or you could bring it to the shop and have a pro fish it out. probably not an electrical hazard, but there's no way to know what kind of hazard it presents until you know what it is...

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I would advise that you open the cabinet and find out just what it IS that is rattling around in there. If it is heavy enough it could damage a driver or short one out if it's metal. Be careful with a screwdriver around a cone. You don't want it to slip.

4. I'll bet that it's the little screen that goes over the horn. Check if it's missing. If you open up the combo, check to see if it's stuck to the speaker magnet. I had the exact same symptom with a GK MB210.

5. southpaw420

southpaw420

Aug 25, 2007
    You were absolutely right! Problem solved. Thanks everyone I appreciate the help.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021