1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Something Nice To Say About Carvin

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by srxplayer, Apr 13, 2006.

1. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have heard a lot of negative things about Carvin customer service on TalkBass but I had a very good experience with them today.

Today I drove out to Azusa to pick up my daughters new PB100 combo amp. I call the Carvin store and ask them if the amp came in. They checked and said they got their shipment but San Diego sent the wrong amps. They sent PB200's instead of 100's.

The manager got on the phone and said he was sorry that the wrong amps were shipped and since I ordered it as a gift for my daughter he would give me one of the PB200's in it's place for the same price. "Was I ok with that"? That amp is usually $100.00 more.

I thought that was really cool, and that was working to keep the customer happy. I did not complain or get upset with them they just offered it up.

The sales guys were cool, the manager was cool. It was a good experience dealing with them.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I loved my LB75. I'll buy it back if it ever shows up again. The 80s and 90s phone staff were always great to deal with.

3. I have a Carvin 1x15 cab. Its and older '90's model that I bought used. The only time I have ever needed to deal with their customer serivce was when the name plate was broken off of the front of the grill. I called customer service and just wanted to purchase another one, they guy said no problem, and NO CHARGE, and I had a brand new name plate on the cab the next weekend. I was pretty impressed.:bassist:

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have a carvin r1000 series 2, and I really like it so far!

5. steve21

steve21 Banned

I live close to the Carvin store, and I've dealt with them a few times... they're geniunly nice people.

6. When I order my LB76F over the phone 2 years ago I got a guy who was literally the first day on the job, and I still found it to be good customer service

7. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i have had a few small orders (usually parts) messed up and their customer service was always very helpful, friendly and professional.

any purchase that i have made from them that wasnt a "bunch of parts in a box" was sent to me correctly.

8. Well, I haven't had to deal with CS for carvin, but they make a darn godo bass.

9. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    +1. I've never had any reason to complain about anything Carvin has or has not done. I always receive first class service from them. I really love their amps, too.

10. kid_squanto

kid_squanto

May 5, 2006
    has anyone had any experience with a carvin wireless instrument receiver???

11. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

Yep, both a guitar wireless and an in-ear wireless monitor setup.

And I was not impressed. The guitar wireless (actually used by my guitar player) worked for 3 gigs. Then it puked out on him. So it got sent back. The IEM system worked, but was very noisy, to the point of being unusable. SO, both systems were replaced with Shure setups. No comparison.

12. my fretless and my rig are carvin.. i got it with great service and the products are beautiful sounding... oh yea and cheap too

13. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    The make well constructed stuff.
    If they would use outside, made pickups, I fell there basses would sound 100% better.
    There pickups, are just sub-par to rest of there bass.
    They are great to deal with.