Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Something strange I just saw...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    I was online talking to people on AIM. I havn't cleaned out my buddy list lately, so everyone I had in the past couple months is still in there.

I was scrolling through my online buddies, and guess who i saw was online. Polygenos, or for those of you that don't know, Pollybass.

I had first suspected it was his brother that just logged on the wrong screen name. But he remained online for 20 minutes. He did not answer anything I said either...

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    it has happened twice before.

glitch in the matrix...or, auto-login.

3. Strange.

Or another reason i dare not say.

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I dunno. I still have a problem with the whole thing. I hate to say this, and seems a bit morbid, but I never found an obituary. I looked into it, and just couldn't find it. There could be another explanation, but the obvious one keeps staring me in the face.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes:

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'm just hoping it never happened.

7. That happened to you to? I'm thinking it was his brother.

8. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    now i'm not saying that what happened never really happened, and i hope that face wasn't for me jt. i'm just saying it was weird seeing him online... but what WR said makes sense

9. Id bet it is most likely his brother...sometimes people just dont know how to remove screen names from computers and it just popped up.
    His bro probally doesnt know how to get rid of it...maybe doesnt even know its there...i have seen it happen with one of my friends.

10. So the sn was indeed simply "Polygenos"?

11. i feel kinda dumb, polly helped me out befor in the pass, can any one like send me a pm about wat happened

12. PM sent

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    AIM is the ouija board of this generation :cool:

14. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    :D

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I keep thinking it didnt happen because i dont know why he would... of course i didnt know him but it seems so unreal.

16. a lot of times, a family will opt to not put out an obituary when it's suicide. i imagine it's a hard thing to write.

17. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    well, I would imagine there would be SOMETHING.....

18. Not all the time...When my friend died of an accidental overdose on OxyContin, they didn't have anything in the paper about it till a few weeks later when there was an article about drugs and only did they vaguely mention him. They said something like be careful what you take because "a local SLO High student lost his life to an accidental overdose on OxyContin". They didn't even mention his name or go into more detail about him.

19. Bob Clayton

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    usually death notices are put in for free

20. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Elaborate/pointless internet hoaxes happen. If he is dead, it sucks harsh, if he isn't, I'm not surprized.

At a certain drum forum, a member named Hotdrumchick posted on the board that she had cancer and that she was dying and such...and then admitted that she was lying. Just for kicks the admin traced the IP to an office building in the US, specifically to an employee named Brad. Ever met a chick named Brad?

Maybe he's dead, which would suck, or maybe he just wanted some attention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.