1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Something that has been driving me nuts lately...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    You know how in Die Hard I, the bad guys shoot the glass, and Bruce Willis is barefoot, so he has to walk across broken glass?

Why didn't he take his pants off and use his pants as a broom? I'd rather walk around a building in my boxers than walk across broken glass.

The weird thing... I haven't seen Die Hard in about 5 years... maybe more...

2. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    Because your average moviegoer doesn't want to see hairy man-legs for half a film.

Plus, he needed the pockets later,
    and he didn't want to risk getting glass in the nards :D

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm... good point. I wonder why I put this in misc? I coulda swore I was in off topic, well:

Do you think Bruce Willis' music wouldn't suck if he didn't have glass in his feet and wasn't wearing pants?

4. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    Watch it again and see if you notice his t-shirt changing colors.

5. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    Nope. It wouldn't matter if he was completely naked except for cushy foam slippers, the man's music would still suck.

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    He was being shot at. Under those circumstances, I run like hell and deal with the consequences later as opposed to stripping and sweeping.

7. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Simple,

Bruce Willis is a Man's Man!

He's far too manly to do some sissy chore like sweeping.

I swear, I heard him once say he'd rather walk through broken glass than sweep the kitchen floor.

Now that's a MAN who puts his money where his mouth is!

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Buuuuut, they shot the glass, then left, because the lead german knew that he wasn't wearing shoes. Besides, you can't walk across broken glass while being shot at either, I think it slows you down...

9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    That's explained in a deleted scene- he crawls through a ventalation shaft (or somthing like it) and his shirt gets covered in grease or dust or some goop, and it mixed with sweat and colored the shirt.

10. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Bruce Willis makes music? :eyebrow:

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
  12. Skeletomania

Skeletomania

Oct 25, 2005
    hong kong
    All the action heroes are getting old. I miss movies like die hard and true lies. The new generation of actors just doesn't have the charisma to make good action flicks.

13. In addition to that stuff, Bruce Willis has a new blues band that recently went on a USO tour.