something that made my day...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ras1983, Mar 3, 2005.

1. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    :hyper: a band was giggin today at my uni (latrobe), and the bass player had a bass that i had never seen before. i was standing on a balcony behind the band, and i saw that the neck was carbon fibre, very rare in oz. this got me interested, and i decided to speak to the bass player after they finished. it turned out to be a Status Stealth 5 string, which i had never heard of. the bass player claimed it was worth $5000AUS and that there were only 3 in the country, then he offered to let me test it (unplugged, all the amps were packed up by then, so i can't comment on tone).

1. This thing was SUPER light,it turned out to be completely carbon fibre!!!! it felt like half the weight of my stingray copy.

2. The action was the lowest i had ever seen, i have only played bass for 8 months but the neck was so fast on this thing that it practically played itself.

3. The strings were very floppy, but the slap sound i got - even unplugged - was pretty damn amazing. i was belting out seinfeld in not time.

4. Did i mention it was SUPER light?

5. the strings were spaced apart quite well, so it was no problem getting my thick weightlifting fingers inbetween the strings.

Anyway guys, has anyone heard of this bass? i hope i made your day with this story. :D :D :D :D
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK

Mand by Rob Status (Green) in the UK. A good friend of mine owns 5. Theyre very good basses. Interesting what you said about the low string tension, ive always found that too. On my Ped i love the high tension i get from heavy string guages - but the low tension really works on the status.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    Here is a picture of the Stealth I bought last month right off the Status website. I love it and got it on sale as well. This bass has a tremendous tone, plays like greased lightening and won't wear out your back. I definitely recommend this 5 string
  4. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    I've got a Series 2000 which is the former model that the current Stealth is based on. They look very similar, but mine is quite heavy and is about 20 years old. Great bass.
    There may only be three Stealths in Oz, but there are a few more Statuses in total down here. There's one guy that owns three.